Wednesday, January 25, 2017

10 Ways to Help Save Money! | Rowan Diane

Hey guys!

I really struggle with saving money. I get my paycheck and then by the next its almost gone which I know is not good. I have been trying to get into the habit of saving money. Not only do I want to save money for my birthday trip to LA, I just need to build my savings account. It feels so good to work hard at my job and seeing it in my bank account. I know money isn't the answer to everything and happiness but it just feels good. It feels good knowing that hard works pays off. It feels good knowing that I have saved up my money and I've done this trip all by myself.

Now I have struggles for a long time trying to save money. When I see a new make up item or a sale at my favorite clothing store, I feel like I need to buy it. I get the urge to buy it and sometimes I cave, I'm not going to lie. I'm not perfect when it comes to saving but I think that's okay. It's okay to treat yourself once in a while. So here are my favorite ways to save money!

  1. The first one is putting some of my check into my savings. Depending on how much my paycheck is, depends on how much I put into my savings. But I usually try to put at least $50-$200 into my savings when I first get paid. Then when my next paycheck is about to come in, I put everything that I haven't spent from my last paycheck into my savings. Sometimes it's nothing, sometimes it's a lot, but even if you put $1 in your savings it helps.
  2. My next advice would be once you put it into your savings DON'T touch it. It's off limits until an emergency happens or the thing you've been saving up for comes out. If you don't think you can survive until your next paycheck, don't put anything into your savings until the next paycheck rolls in.
  3. Now this one is a little harder because commercials are literally everywhere but turn off the TV. You won't see the latest and greatest products. You won't see advertisements for your favorite restaurants. Therefore, you won't buy the latest and greatest, and you won't crave your favorite restaurant. Try watching Netflix more because there are no commercials on there!
  4. This one is hard too if you don't have motivation but exercise. When I get into the habit of working out, I don't want to eat out as much because I'm trying to be healthy. I also thinks it keeps me busy because it takes up time. Go for a walk, go to the gym, work out a home whatever your style may be! It's a good hobby to have.
  5. Speaking of hobbies, find a hobby that doesn't cost money. It could be working out, it could be writing a blog like me, reading or maybe even cleaning. Whatever you enjoy that keeps you more occupied, do it! I know before this blog I would get so bored when I wasn't at work, so I would look at my email and see all of the deals of shopping online. Keep yourself busy.
  6. Shopping online. AVOID IT. It is so easy to shop online. You don't have to deal with other customers, you don't have to deal with annoying employees and best of all, you don't have to leave your house. This is the one I struggle with the most. Like I said, it's so easy to shop online, but don't do it. Try to avoid it at all costs. If you use PayPal, maybe delete your information from the website so it's not as convenient to shop. Another tip would be unsubscribing from emails that send you sales and deals. I know how tempting it can be to look at the sales but if you don't see them, you won't know about them!
  7. Find your motivation. I know it can be so hard to save up money when you have nothing to save for so find your motivation! It might be if you save $500 you can buy those shoes you've been looking at. It might be a trip with your best friend that's coming u. It could also be bills and being comfortable. No one wants to live paycheck to paycheck so saving as much as you can so you don't feel like your struggling can be a huge motivation.
  8. Say you do plan a trip with your best friend like I am, a good thing to do for the road trip is pack your own food. That way you don't have to spend more money than you have to. We're taking our own bread, peanut butter and jelly. It's easy, delicious and convenient. Pack a cooler of all your favorite road trip snacks. For us, we live in Utah so buying food here is going to be way cheaper than buying food in LA.
  9. Pack your lunch. Whether your going to school or work or whatever you might have going on that day, pack your lunch. Just think it can save you an extra $10 or $12 a day! Also, drink your coffee at home, make it in a to go cup. You can save $5 a day by not drinking a Starbucks coffee everyday.
  10. Drink more water. If you do decide to go out to eat, get a water. I've been doing this for a while now. For one, it's better for you and two, you'll save $2-$3 on your meal!
Those are a few of my favorite tips on saving money! What are yours? I'm always open to hear more ways to save money.

Thank you for reading!

I'll see you next time...
Rowan Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment